Monday, February 23, 2009

Day +67

Today's appointment was pretty boring, but that doesn't mean we didn't have an exciting time at the hospital in the last 24 hours. Isaiah has had a cough the last few days, and yesterday he woke up from his sleep with a barking cough that made it difficult for him to breath. He was pretty upset, and didn't calm down when we steamed up the bathroom. So Kate and I took him over to the emergency room, and stayed 5 hours until the early morning. He was given some steroids to help open his airway, and he has felt fine all day today.

Its tough for Kate. If she isn't dealing with me and my sickness, she still has a 3 year old and all that comes with that. Luckily for us my parents were in town overnight, and my mom was able to drive me over to NIH today. My bloodwork came back looking good, and the doctors shared that the results from my last CT scan on Thursday showed my sinusitis and pneumonia had improved. I still find myself coughing now and then, but overall I'm feeling good.

No comments: