Thursday, February 26, 2009

Day +70

It was a quick trip to NIH today. The doctors felt I looked well, and I didn't have any negative news to report. My neutrophil count was at 4.7, so it is still nice and high. I'll continue to give myself neupogen shots twice a week to maintain it. There wasn't any other issues with my blood work today, so I was able to get out of their quickly.

My tacrolimus and sirolimus levels were a little high from Monday after they began tapering them off. Those results take all day to get, so I don't know what they were for today. Its possible the doctors might want to reduce the amount I'm giving myself even more, but I'll have to wait to hear about that.

My research nurse shared that towards the end of March I'll have another Pet Scan, bone marrow biopsy, and some heart and lung tests. That will be around day +100, and at that point I'll be able to decrease the frequency of my hospital visits if I continue to do well.
Day in and day out I am feeling pretty good. I still have a small cough in the morning, but do pretty well after I've cleared out the congestion. The cold weather irritates my lungs, so I haven't been outside much this week. Hopefully with March around the corner, the temperatures will begin to increase. Since my hospitilization I've noticed my energy hasn't been great, but I think that is to be expected. That hopefully shouldn't be an issue if I can stay healthy in the near future.

Some good news is that Isaiah got a good repot from his pediatrician yesterday. His lungs sounded clear to her, and she didn't see any issues of concern. So maybe last Sunday night was a quick virus that Isaiah is already over. It definitely feels good to be feeling well, and to see him feeling better also.

No comments: