Friday, March 6, 2009

Day +78

I had my usual appointment yesterday and like always I had nothing new to report and the doctors didn't have much to talk with me about. My white blood cells increased, but my neutrophils remained pretty low. Everything else looked good, and its pretty much more waiting to see whats going on with my body.

After the appointment I went ahead and got the IVIG that had been discussed on Monday. It was a baisc IV infusion pretty much like most I've had over the course of my treatment. I didn't have any issues with that, and it basically made for a long day. Hopefully that will help me combat any viruses that I come in contact with, and my neutrophil counts will stop dropping so dramatically.

Today I got a call from one of my nurses that the transplant team decided to move up by bone marrow biopsy from the end of the month to next Monday. My doctor wants to see the results of the biopsy sooner, in case there is any information to be gained from that which might explain my low neutrophil counts. So that gives me something painful to look forward to on Monday!

Everything else is going pretty well. Isaiah and Kate are doing great, and we are looking forward to some improved weather this weekend. I'm feeling good, but just need to keep on reminding myself to be patient with this process.

No comments: