Thursday, March 19, 2009

Day +91

Things just keep rolling along. Today is Day +91 of the transplant process, so I have just a little over one week left until I hit day +100. At that point the transplant team will hopefully start seeing me less frequently, and I can begin transitioning slowly back towards regular life.

The past week has been pretty good. My energy has stayed high, I've avoided feeling sick, and I'm feeling great. The only thing going on with my body is I broke out in what looks similar to acne. I've got little red spots from my shoulders up, and its a little annoying because it itches off and on. The doctors on Monday said it didn't appear to be a GVHD rash, but couldn't say exactly what it was. So I saw the dermatologist at NIH yesterday. He wasn't quite sure what it was either. He said that one of the drugs I'm on can cause acne, but that since I've been on the drug at higher levels for months now, It would be strange for it to appear now. So for right now the doctors aren't changing anything, and I'll just use some prescription cream to deal with it.

My appointment today was pretty easy. I had nothing but positives to report to the doctors, and they had nothing negative to report to me. I know my family likes to hear what my blood counts are, but sometimes I'm just fine knowing that things aren't a concern. So I didn't ask about my blood counts from Monday or today, but I assume everything is well. Whenever they are concerned they end up calling me.

On Monday I'll have my PET scan in the morning and a bone marrow biopsy in the early afternoon. So that will make for a long day at NIH. The lead doctor on the transplant team said he would meet with my family and I in the afternoon after he gets a chance to see the PET scan. So our prayers over the next few days will be for positive results from that scan. I'd love to hear that there are no signs of cancer remaining, but I am keeping in mind that this is a long process. As long as there are no signs of growth, I'll be happy with the results.

No comments: