Thursday, March 12, 2009

Day +84

I've got a good day going on after a really nice time yesterday. The weather was great yesterday, and I took advantage by running a bit with Kate. I definitely worked my muscles in a way that I haven't been used to in a while. So I'm fairly sore today, but its definitely a good sore. In addition to exercising for a couple of hours, I was active the rest of the day also. I had enough energy to do a good amount of work around the house, and I know Kate was appreciative.

Today I went in for my clinic appointment, and I was in and out in less than an hour. It feels good to be done with those type of appointments so quickly, but theres usually a suspicion that they'll find something to call me back to NIH with later. Well, I got a call from the transplant team and was told my neutrophils were at 18. When I told Kate 18, she had a shocked look on her face because she was thinking about .18. Nope...no need to worry. Thats an absolute neutrophil count of 18.0. The range for healthy neutrophils is somewhere between 3 and 8 I think. So 18 is plenty enough neutrophils for my immune system right now. So for now I don't have to give myself any more neupogen injections at home. I was scheduled to give them to myself every other day, but with my high neupogen count, that will be put off.

The high level of neutrophils is primarily caused by the neupogen injections, but my counts have never been that high before. Hopefully this means that my body's natural production is increasing as well. Kate noticed that I've been feeling a lot better since the IVIG infusion last week. Hopefully that has had a positive impact on my immune system, and my blood counts won't drop to the point of neutropenia again.

No comments: