Saturday, September 13, 2008

Chemo, football, and a Sunburn

I'm happy to be receiving a lot of support from people about my blog. Its great to hear from different people that they look forward to reading my thoughts and following this journey I'm on. I started off today heading to NIH to get my 2nd bag of EPOCH for this cycle. For some reason my blood pressure and temperature were both somewhat high when I went it. Neither reading sent off any alarms, but I am usually pretty consistent with these two measurements so it was kind of odd to see that. My temperature this evening has been where it usually is, so I don't know what it was this morning.
In the afternoon I was able to head to Catholic University to watch their football game. It was a good game that they ended up winning, and I ran into a few familiar faces...although there are less and less of those every year I head back to campus. It was great to be out in nice weather and enjoying something I love. Unfortunately being out in the sun for so long can lead to some complications for a fair skinned dude like me. I've got a nice amount of red on my arms, face, and legs. Kate was nice enough to laugh about the hat tan I got on the back of my bald head. I guess I'll have to spend my day inside tommorow, which won't be so bad on a fall Sunday.

No comments: