Wednesday, September 3, 2008

No News is Good News and an off topic note on Isaiah

Well there is nothing for me to update medically today, which is good news. I've been at work the last two days and have had great energy and no problems associated with the chemotherapy. Tommorow I will have my blood drawn again, and should here back in the evening or Friday morning about where my blood counts stand. At this point during the last cycle my counts had rebounded greatly, so I'm expecting more of the same from this report.

Since many people reading this know or have met Isaiah, I thought I'd share some of his good news. Today was his first day of pre-school, which led to a lot of excitement for him and some nervousness from his mother. Kate and I dropped him off together this morning before I headed off to work. He jumped right in to the toys and seemed to be happy to be at school. He didn't panic as we walked out the door.

The school is located conveniently for me on my new route home from work, so I picked him up about four o'clock. I met his teacher, who was not there yet when we dropped him off in the morning. She reported that Isaiah had a great day, although when she first arrived he was screaming. I guess he wasn't quite prepared for school without mommy and daddy. However, she said he calmed himself in 5 minutes and didn't have any troubles the rest of the day.
She was impressed with how Isaiah behaved and communicated, and said she was surprised this was his first day considering how he did. Part of the day is nap time, which is interesting since Isaiah has given up on day time naps over the summer. When the children were asked to lay down, Isaiah stated, "I am going to sit."

The teacher told Isaiah, "You can lay down on the cot."

To which Isaiah replied, "I'd rather not."

She seemed impressed and entertained by his communication style. So Isaiah seems to have found a new friend in his teacher. Isaiah was excited to share about his day over the phone with his family, although that basically involved him repeatedly exclaiming, "I went to school today." He is excited to head back tommorow, and so am I after finding out he had such a wonderful time.

No comments: