Sunday, January 4, 2009

Day +17

Today was a good day. I got to spend the afternoon at home with Kate and Isaiah. After 25 nights in the hospital, it was a bit strange to head back into our house. I know its not a big house, but it seemed really small when I first went in. Isaiah was really excited to have his daddy back, and it was a great visit. It will be nice to have another visit home tommorow, and to finally be discharged on Monday.

So when I got back from my visit home, I asked my nurse for the results from my morning blood tests. I was pleasantly shocked when I took a look at the numbers. My white blood cells came in at 2.970, after registering 1.740 the morning before. My absolute neutrophil count also rose dramatically from 1.235 to 2.198. The white blood cell count is still a bit low, but the neutrophil count is within the normal range.

My other numbers from the blood results increased as well. My red blood cells went from 2.92 to 3.11, hemoglobin went from 9.2 to 9.3, and my platelets went from 13 to 19. All of those results are still low, but its a good sign that they are coming up on their own without having to receive tranfusions. These recent results are really making me feel good as I get ready to head home from the hospital.

No comments: