Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve is Day +7

Merry Christmas. I hope that everybody reading this is enjoying their holiday celebration. Christmas Eve is my day +7 out of transplant. I'm still not feeling great, but at times today I did feel a lot better. Maybe its an early Christmas gift, but my neutrophil count rose again from .005, to .006, to .011. That is still extremely low and incredibly risky for infection, however that looks like its moving on the right path. My temperature has been raised a bit the last two days, but not to the point of fever. I'm praying that it stays that way and that the increase in neutrophils is an early sign of engraftment.

I received platelets again today...fourth day in a row. Since they were only at 11 on my afternoon lab count, they will probably be back in the single digits soon and I'll probably need more platelets tommorow.

I miss not being with my family for Christmas, but the plan is for all of them to come to the hospital tommorow for a litle celebration here. We aren't perfect, but I have an excellent family. I want to thank them all for everything they have done to help me out. Once again...Merry Christmas to everybody.

No comments: