Friday, December 26, 2008

Day +9

The good news from yesterday continues today. My absolute neutrophil count rose from .034 to .166. With the neutrophils rising quickly, I'll soon be above what is considered neutropenic. I received platelets again today, and my afternoon labs show that they are still way below normal at 19. So I'm getting used to a daily dose of platelets. Can't wait to see those start rising on their own as well.

I've had a pain in my groin the last two days and went for an ultrasound today. The good news is that nothing serious was found by the ultrasound. However, the doctor couldn't tell me what the reason for the pain is. Hopefully it will just subside on its own, but thats what I've been told will happen with the blood in my urine and that hasn't happened yet. The most important thing to know is that the engraftment is working, but I am truly hoping for no more uncomfortable side effects and an end to the ones I have.

Other than a visit from Kate, this was a boring day...which is a good thing.

No comments: