Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Day +13

Today was a little more exciting than yesterday, but not by much. My absolute neutrophil count rose by about 100 this morning. Thats in the right direction but not as much as I would have liked. As usual, the reports from the doctors were all positive. It seems like my discharge date has been scheduled for Friday. So if everything goes well for the next few days I should be home by the weekend!

My platelets held steady from yesterday to today, so the Doctor shared that he didn't think I needed a platelet transfusion. I reported that I hadn't had any major nosebleeds for a few days, so he was happy with that. Then he asked me to sit up so he could check my back for any rashes, and a drop of blood dripped out of my nose. He turned to the other doctor on rounds with him and said, "I guess we should go ahead and order platelets anyways."

I also got two units of blood, although my hemoglobin was only in the 9's. I'm used to 9's being high for my hemoglobin, so its kind of funny that they infuse me inpatient when they are at that level. Oh well...if it gives me more energy, then I'll take it.

Everything else seems to be going well, and its encouraging to know where the finish line is. Tommorow will be two weeks since the transplant, and I can't believe how time has flown by. It feels like forever since I've been at work or at home, but at least I haven't been bored too much in here.

No comments: