Thursday, December 11, 2008

Day -6

Today was my first day of pre-transplant chemo, and it truly was a busy day. I've had no less than two IVs running into my sytem since this morning, and as many as 5 different drugs or supplements pumping into me at one time. The pole they use to hang the IVs from is full and the tubes running from the pumps to my body are pretty confusing. However, the nurses have been through this before and everything has been pretty smooth in my opinion.

I received the Fludarabine and Cytoxin in the late morning. No problems there. I've gotten a little bit of nausea recently, but its not to the point where I think I'm going to throw up. Just a little uncomfortable. I'm also get my anti-nausea medication through an IV, and that is running most of the time. My hemoglobin was also down to 7.7 this afternoon, so I got a two unit transfusion of blood in order to bring that up. I didn't really notice the signs of having really low blood oxygen, but then again I'm not really exerting myself here in the hospital.

Today was also Isaiah's first visit to NIH. He appeared a little apprehensive about a new place when he first walked in, but he quickly made himself at home. He had a few questions about what was going on, but he has already seen Daddy go through enough chemo to understand what all the IVs are for. I had enough energy to spend time with him and fit in two games of Candyland. Probably haven't played that game since Elementary School.

Right now I am tired and about ready to fall asleep. So hopefully I have the same boring news to report tommorow! Thanks to everybody who has offered their prayers and support. It is definitely helping!

No comments: