Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Day +6

Today was day six and not much really changed. My neutrophil count went up from .005 to .006. I've been eagerly awaiting my counts to start shooting up, but I think those numbers represent an insignificant difference.

I also received platelets for the third time in as many days. It seems like every time I receive the platelets they bounce up and then head back to an even lower point the next morning. I guess that shows how much my body is beat down right now, and I'm grateful for the people who go out of their way to donate platelets.

Those were the big medical news for the day. As usual the doctors say everyhing is on the right track. My bladder issue is still a nuisance, and hopefully that will resolve itself soon.

Kate came by for a long visit today, and that helped the day fly by. I want to give thanks to Kate's family for helping her out with Isaiah and making it easier for her to make time to come over here. After she left my Dad was around, and he was later joined by my brother Matt and our family friend Christy. They all got to watch the process of having one of my lumen's fixed on my Hickman line. While one of my three lines was being flushed with saline, I heard a pop and felt something wet on my midsection. A hole just burst open in the lining, and I had saline and blood on my belly. Luckily this didn't happen when chemo was coming through. That would have been more of a problem.

No comments: