Monday, December 22, 2008

Day +5

Day +5 is over. It really does feel good to count down the days, even though I don't know the exact day I will get out of here. Today was a decent day for me. It wasn't the worst or the best. I got more platelets, which only brought me up to 23. Still a very low number, but without that I'd probably be in the single digits. I also got two units of red blood cells, which should help my energy.

My white blood cells shrank from .039 to .031. So I'm still decreasing. I can't wait to see those numbers start coming up. Despite the high risk of infection I haven't spiked a fever yet. The bladder issues and the diarhea are the two most bothersome issues right now. The bladder problem I feel is slowly improving, but still not comfortable. This evening I've noticed how badly my hands have dried out from the constant handwashing. I took a shower and the water stung my hands and wrists from where the skin has been so badly treated. So its time to up the amount of times I put lotion on them to keep things moist.

Not much else to report today. Doctors feel everything is progressing well, and I was able to get a visit in from Kate which was nice. Its still probably too risky for a sick Isaiah to come visit. I guess this means I just have to sleep a bit longer to make the time fly by faster.

No comments: