Monday, December 8, 2008

Monday Ramblings

It hit me this morning that tonight will likely be my last night at home with Isaiah and Kate in quite a long time. Thats a little bit of a depressing thought, but its not like any of us have a choice in that.

The plan is for me to be admitted Tuesday night with my line placed Wednesday morning and the pre-transplant chemo starting later that day. The craziness really is about to start.

Right now I'm on the 13th floor of NIH's Clinical Center looking out the window at a view of the Montgomery County landscape. Lots of trees with no leaves and plenty of buildings underneath. Thats the image. I just had a bone marrow biopsy, which is a notoriously painful procedure, but it wasn't too bad. I got a comment from the doctor about my young bones. I figure thats a compliment, but it means he has to drill a bit harder to access the bone marrow in my hip. I've got some time to kill right now, and on the schedule for today is a meeting with the Pain and Palliative Care team and a nutritional consult. I'm hoping they reccomend a strict adherence to a red meat and beer diet, but I don't have my hopes up for that.

No comments: